Satisfy those sweet cravings while getting a hit of protein, collagen, and essential vitamins and minerals with these irresistible vegan cookie dough balls that only take 10 minutes to make.
These cookie dough collagen protein balls are the perfect morning tea or afternoon pick-me-up.
One of the key ingredients in this recipe is cashews. These nuts are often avoided due to their calorie and fat content however, cashews are in fact packed with essential nutrients.
They are low GI, a good source of protein and contain a number of minerals – particularly copper, zinc, magnesium, manganese and selenium. Good levels of some B vitamins – especially B1, B5 and B6 – can also be found in cashews, along with Vitamins E and K.
Set aside 10 minutes to whip them up on the weekend and you’ll be set for snack for the week – well, that is if they last that long…
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Collagen cookie dough protein balls
Servings: Makes 12
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup cashew meal
- 1/4 cup Amazonia Raw Protein Collagen Plus.
- 2 tbsp date paste
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- 50 grams vegan dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Combine all ingredients (except chocolate) in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined (it is easiest to use your hands).
2. Gently mix though chopped chocolate.
3. Roll into small balls and transfer to the fridge for 15-20 minutes to set.
4. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is courtesy of Healthy Luxe for Amazonia.