Bored with your current breakfast go-to? Spice things up with this delicious turmeric pear porridge recipe by nutritionist Kathleen Alleaume that will help bring balance to your gut.
The warm spices of turmeric and cinnamon makes it a comforting breakfast option for those chilly mornings. But not only does it taste good, the prebiotic fibre in Super Blends Prebiotic Fibre – Turmeric and Coconut helps to nourish the good bacteria in the gut.
Pears, pumpkin and blueberries contain vitamin C so will help to keep your immune system fighting fit, making this the perfect way to start the day in winter.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 x 46g sachet of UNCLE TOBYS Super Blends Prebiotic Fibre – Turmeric & Coconut
- 1 pear, peeled, quartered and cored
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp crushed walnuts, to serve
- ¼ cup (30g) blueberries, to serve
- To prepare the pear, place water, maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan, and stir over a medium heat and bring to a boil. Add the pear and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes or until pear is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, cook the pumpkin for 1.5 minutes in the microwave or until tender. Once softened, mash with a fork until it forms a smooth texture. Set aside.
- Cook the oats as per packet instructions with skim milk. Set aside.
- To serve, fold porridge mixture through pumpkin puree. Top with the poached pear. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and berries.
Nutrition per serve:
- 1744 kJ
- 11g protein
- 10.9g fat (2.3g saturated fat)
- 59g carbs
- 36g total sugars
- 17.3g fibre
- 49mg sodium