Fuel your muscles after a workout sesh with these healthy cookies that are packed with protein.
Forget the smoothie. All you need for a protein hit is one of these delicious and healthy cookies.
Plus, you’d be crazy not to love the combination of lemon and coconut.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Lemon, chia and coconut protein cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 200 g (7 oz/2 cups) almond meal
- 45 g (1²⁄³ oz/½ cup) desiccated coconut
- 30 g (1 oz) vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, whisked
1. Place the chia seeds in a small bowl or jug with 3 tablespoons water and stir, then leave for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Combine the almond meal, coconut, protein powder and the soaked chia seeds in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil and honey, then mix in 1 tablespoon of zest and 1½ tablespoons lemon juice and the egg and combine thoroughly.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
6. Using a tablespoon, scoop out spoonfuls of the mixture and roll these into balls. Place onto the baking tray and gently press flat.
7. Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until golden.
8. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Images and text are from ‘Snack Power’ by Tiffiny Hall, food photography by Brent Parker Jones (Murdoch Books RRP $32.99). Out now.