Loaded with all sorts of goodies that can benefit almost everything, from your eyes to your gut, sweetcorn is perhaps a bit of an unsung hero. But as grilling season approaches, you’re going to want to add this super simple and delicious recipe to your BBQ arsenal.
It’s spring, which means the weather is on its way to warming up again (could not have come fast enough, right??), and that means BBQ season.
While your traditional sides for grilled things usually involve high fat coleslaw or weighty potato salad, this corn is on the lighter side.
It comes with a generous slather of tahini butter and a kick of chili (if you’re so inclined), with a flavour similar to one of Mexico’s most popular street foods.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
BBQ corn with tahini butter
Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice (about half a lemon’s worth)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of chilli powder
- Heat up your barbecue to high.
- Hull the corn and barbecue for 10 minutes, rotating often – corn should start to soften and char.
- To make the tahini butter – place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes. The tahini should become very thick, butter-like consistency.
- Remove corn from the barbecue, and spread over the tahini butter generously.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of chilli powder and extra salt and pepper.
This delicious recipe was made by The Home Cooks Kitchen.