Remember cinnamon doughnuts? These protein balls are low sugar, high protein alternatives that taste like the real thing but unlike their sugary counterparts, you can enjoy these any time you like.
Cinnamon doughnuts are so nostalgic; the after school snack, the treat after weekend sport, the thing you ate way too much of at the fete.
And while these sugary indulgences are absolutely OK from time to time, they’ve probably not something you should eat every day.
These protein balls, on the other hand, are the perfect alternative. They’ll satisfy those cravings for the real thing while coming in at 208 calories and over 10 grams of protein per serve.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
- 30g F45 Fuel vanilla protein.
- 30g almond meal.
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 120g 100 percent natural cashew butter.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract.
- pinch granulated Stevia.
- 1 tbsp (20ml) filtered water.
- Add protein powder, almond meal, and cinnamon to a bowl and mix well.
- Add in cashew butter, vanilla extract, Stevia, and water and using your hands, mix well until you form a dough.
- Divide mixture into 10 portions and roll into balls.
- Serve 2 balls as a snack and refrigerate the remaining balls for use throughout the week.
Nutrition (based on serving size)
Calories 208 cal
Fat, total 15.0g
Saturated fat 2.5g