Intensely rich, gooey and healthy – what more could you ask for in a caramel slice?
There are countless caramel slice recipes out there, but not come as close to this one. Why?
Not only does it over deliver on taste – think rich chocolate paired with even richer caramel, all in a gooey mouthful – but it also has a nutritionist tick of approval. Surprisingly, it’s vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free AND high in fibre.
I mean, do we need to say anymore?
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Raw Caramel Slice
Raw, vegan, gluten free & refined sugar free
Servings: 10 serves
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Setting Time: 2-3 hours
- 1/2 cup buckinis, ground to a flour
- 1/2 cup cashews, ground to a flour
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 tsp maca powder, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 120 grams Alter Eco Superdark Chocolate
1. Combine all base ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well until it starts to stick together (it is easiest to use your hands to make sure it is well combined).
2. Press into the base of a greased and lined baking tray and place in the fridge while you make the caramel.
3. Combine all caramel ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Spoon on top of the base, spreading evenly.
5. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until fairly firm.
6. Using a double saucepan, melt dark chocolate in a shallow saucepan and spread melted chocolate on top of the caramel.
7. Return to fridge for another 10-15 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
8. Using a sharp knife, cut into small slices, serve and enjoy.
For more recipe ideas, follow @healthyluxe on Instagram.