These are some of the easiest treats you’ll ever make and they’re chock full of antioxidants.
Add some pop to your next entertaining platter with these irresistible lychee truffles. They’re so simple to make and will be sure to wow your guests.
Not just full of flavour, lychees are also full of goodness, containing vitamin C and antioxidants.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
20 fresh lychees, peeled and seeded
1 cup high-quality baking chocolate chips (dark or milk)
1 tsp neutral vegetable oil
Optional filling: uncrystallised ginger
Optional toppings: shredded coconut, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.
1. Using a paper towel, thoroughly pat the lychees dry (for best results, allow them air dry for 30-60 minutes at room temperature on a tray lined with a paper towel). Line a tray with baking paper.
2. If using the filling, stuff the lychees (in the seed cavity) with a small piece of uncrystallised ginger.
3. Use a double boiler or place the chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring after each time, until smooth. Be very careful not to overheat the chocolate! Add the oil and stir to combine.
4. Dip each lychee into the melted chocolate and place on the prepared baking tray.
5. Sprinkle with toppings (optional) then allow to set uncovered in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.