Brighten up a gloomy winter morning with this delicious Snickers porridge that’s equal parts delicious and nutritious, and loaded with ingredients that’ll keep you full ’til lunch.
Who says porridge has to be boring? There’s nothing better than starting the day with a warm bowl of oats, and this Snickers porridge recipe is sure to become a family favourite.
“The taste sensation of chocolate and peanuts combines with the warmth of porridge for a breakfast that’s like a morning hug! The protein from the nuts, and the fibre from the oats and banana will keep you full until lunchtime; you won’t believe it’s good for you,” says Second Nature Dietitian Claudia Cramer.
Second Nature Snickers Porridge
Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
- 40 g rolled oats or gluten-free oats
- 300 ml milk or dairy-free milk
- 2 tbs of cacao powder
- One large banana, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs of peanut butter
- 2 tbs of crushed or chopped peanuts
1. In a small non-stick saucepan add the oats, milk and cacao powder, and stir over medium heat.
2. Cook for roughly five to eight minutes or until desired thickness is reached. If you prefer your porridge less thick and more “liquidy” add 100 ml more milk or water
3. Top with sliced banana peanut butter and peanuts. You could also add chopped dark chocolate or cacao nibs.
Claudia Cramer is an Australian qualified dietitian and accredited sports dietitian. She works with new Australian weight management company Second Nature, who you can follow on Instagram @secondnature_health.