Sam Wood can’t go past his wife Snezana’s super nutritious recipe for when he wants to get his wellness back on track.
Sam Wood says that he and Snez mix dinner up regularly in their household. While burrito bowls are a crowd favourite, Snez also makes an amazing ‘nutrition bomb’ and this is Sam’s go-to dinner to step up his nutrition game.
The best bit? It’s so easy to try. Give this simple recipe a go for a hit of goodness in your diet.
- 1/2 bunch broccolini
- 1/4 sweet potato (diced)
- 1/2 zucchini (sliced)
- ¼ red capsicum (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 free range egg (hard boiled)
- 1/2 tablespoon raw almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon pepitas
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon hummus
- 1/4 avocado
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place vegetables on a baking tray and toss with oil. Roast in the oven for around 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- While vegetables are roasting, place egg in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5-7 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Place roasted vegetables in a bowl, sprinkle with almonds, pepitas and sesame seeds. Serve with boiled egg, avocado and hummus.