Swap your banana bread for these fruity muffins that are jam-packed with nutritious ingredients.
Sick of baking banana bread and choc-chip muffins? We hear you!
Which is why it’s time to jazz up your baking repertoire – without sabotaging your healthy eating habits, of course – with these nutritious passionfruit & coconut muffins.
They’re packed with gut-loving ingredients and have the added benefit of protein from the quinoa. Basically, they’re the perfect snack or healthy dessert to devour.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Passionfruit, Coconut & Quinoa Muffins
Serves: 10-12 muffins, depending on size of tin
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (290g)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (75g)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (35g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (bicarb)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (80g)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, or milk of choice (60ml)
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp (60ml)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (60 ml)
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut, extra
- 1 Tbsp passionfruit pulp, extra
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Tip dry ingredients – quinoa through salt – into a large bowl. Stir to combine, then make a well in the centre.
3. Combine remaining ingredients – eggs through oil – in a jug and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until fully incorporated. Divide into lined muffin tin holes.
5. Bake 20 – 22 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
6. Turn out onto rack to cool completely.
This recipe is courtesy of Australian Passionfruit.