Miguel Maestre shares his go-to jar salad recipe, which is perfect for busy WFH days or if you’re heading into the office.
This is the perfect, quick lunch that shows just how gourmet and healthy we are. Simply pull out this jar salad, shake it till you make it and eat it, fully dressed and perfectly combined with no mess and no fuss. All you’ll need is a fork.
This is the perfect way to use up dinner leftovers from the night before. You can get quite inventive with the formula, just make sure you always start with the dressing in the base of the jar and if you need to transport it, don’t tilt it or mix it until you’re ready to eat.
This way the salad will stay fresh and crisp until the last minute.
Miguel Maestre will be demonstrating a range of recipes live at the 2021 Good Food & Wine Show, kicking off in Sydney from Friday, September 17 to Sunday, September 19, followed by Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne in the coming months.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Quinoa and sweet potato jar salad
- 125 g canned corn kernels
- 100 g leftover cooked quinoa
- 1 roasted sweet potato, diced (see Tip)
- 50 g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- A handful of toasted walnuts
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- handful of baby rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a mason jar (or similar).
- Build your salad in the jar, starting with the dressing at the bottom. Layer in the corn, quinoa and sweet potato, followed by the cheese, walnuts, egg and finally the rocket. Close the jar and transport upright.
- When you are ready to eat, tip the ingredients onto a plate and toss to coat evenly in the dressing.
Tip: To roast the sweet potato, dice and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, then roast in a 180°C (fan-forced) oven for about 30 minutes.