For a boost of energy without the added sugar, try meal prepping these chocolate protein balls that are packed with only nutritious ingredients.
Protein balls are the best kind of healthy snack: quick to make, easy to store and very fulfilling. These low-carb choc protein balls are plant-based and packed with delicious nut butter.
Make these and keep them on hand to satisfy your afternoon sugar cravings and give you a boost of energy.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Low-carb choc protein balls
Prep 10 min
DF, EF, V, GF
- 1 cup(s) sunflower seeds (kernels)
- 1 cup(s) coconut (shredded)
- 1/2 cup(s) almond butter
- 1/4 cup(s) cacao powder
- 1/4 cup(s) vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoon(s) coconut oil (extra virgin) melted
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon (ground)
1. Add all ingredients to the food processor and mix until well combined.
2. Scooping out a tablespoon at a time, form small balls by rolling the mixture in your hands.
3. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Calories: 161.7 cal
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Fibre: 2.8 g
- Fat: 14.6 g
- Saturated fat: 7.5 g
- Carbs: 1.7 g
- Sugar: 1.0 g
This recipe is from the 28 by Sam Wood program