Need to satisfy those sugar cravings without sabotaging your diet? Just whip up this tropical cheesecake.
What’s better than an ordinary cheesecake? A healthy cheesecake that’s low in sugar, vegan and is made everyone’s favourite gut-loving drink kombucha. Yes, really.
Need we say more?
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
Raw mango passionfruit cheesecake
Prep time: 20 minutes, then 3 hours to set
Cooking time: NA
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 1 bottle Remedy Mango Passion Kombucha
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 cup rice malt syrup
- ½. teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or 1 tsp of vanilla extract)
- 6 fresh passionfruit
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Add the cashews to a large bowl and cover with the kombucha. Let soak for 30 minutes, then drain.
2. Meanwhile, line a slice tin, or 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
3. To make the base, place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky, crumbly mixture.
4. Spread the mixture into the prepared slice tin and press down firmly to form the base. Place to the side.
5. To make the cheesecake, add the soaked cashews to a food processor (or blender if you have one to get an extra smooth cream) with the coconut oil, coconut cream and rice malt syrup. Blitz until you form a smooth cream. Pour mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly. Place into the fridge for 3 hours, or overnight.
6. Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and top with passionfruit before slicing.
This recipe is courtesy of Remedy Drinks.