Sam Wood shares his deliciously simple recipe for tamari and tempeh vegan fried rice – perfect for when you’re short for time and looking for a meat-free meal.
Sam Wood has your meat-free meal for the week ahead sorted with this low-calorie vegan fried rice.
With brown rice, frozen peas, carrots and tamari sauce, it’s easy to whip up on a quick WFH lunch break or on your Sunday’s when you’re meal prepping.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Vegan Fried Rice
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup brown rice (raw)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 50 g tempeh diced
- 1/2 carrot diced
- 1/2 cup green peas (frozen)
- 1 sprig of spring onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
1. Cook brown rice according to packet instructions.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add in the tempeh and cook for 5 minutes or until golden
3. Next, add in the carrot, peas, cooked rice and spring onion and cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Add in the tamari and cook until heated through. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
- Energy: 1669.9kj
- Calories: 398.9cal
- Protein 17.7g
- Fibre: 8.7g
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbs: 57.9g
- Sugar: 7.6g
For more recipes, head to 28 by Sam Wood.