Winter is coming, and you might be looking for some warmer recipes to incorporate into your days. For a boost of nutrition try Jessica Sepel’s cleansing green soup – that’s also perfect for the cooler weather.
This delicious, warming soup is a great starter. Pair with your choice of protein and some crusty bread to make this a complete meal.
I love to make a big pot, and enjoying this throughout the week, whenever I want to pack some vegetables into my day, or I’m feeling slightly under the weather. It’s immune-boosting, nourishing and warming, and the perfect winter comfort food.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Cleansing green soup
Cook time: 40 mins
GF, DF, VG, NF, EF
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 zucchini
- 2 leek
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 4 cup (1L) vegetable stock
- ¼ bunch parsley, chopped to serve
- 2 tbsp almonds, to serve, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot.
- Roughly chop the zucchinis and leeks, then place them in the pot. Add the broccoli florets and stir to combine. Season with chilli flakes, cumin, salt and pepper. Sauté the vegetables until they’re cooked through.
- Add the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, blitz the soup using a food processor or a hand-held blender. Blitz until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- To serve, spoon the soup between bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and almonds.
This recipe is courtesy of Jessica Sepel’s Healthy Luxe website. Follow Healthy Luxe on Instagram or download the Healthy Luxe App.