Mangoes are among our most favourite summer fruits. Super sweet and healthy, they make a great, if not surprising, partner for salmon.
Mangoes are a refreshing summer fruit but are also packed with nutritional benefits. Just half a mango contains 2g of fibre to support a healthy gut and provides 24 percent of the RDI for folate which helps reduce tiredness and fatigue.
This beautiful summer fruit doesn’t have to be eaten alone, either. Spice up your dinner with this combination of salmon and mango for an incredibly fresh and light, yet satisfying meal.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Mango and salmon ceviche
2 corn cobs, peeled
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp chipotle in adobe sauce
2 limes, juiced
1 tsp caster sugar
½ tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
500g sashimi-grade skinless fresh salmon fillets, chilled
2 mangoes, chilled
1 cup coriander sprigs
Corn chips, to serve
1. Place 4 large plates in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill. Preheat a barbecue plate, grill or grill pan on medium-high. Brush the corn with half the oil. Barbecue, for 8-10 minutes, turning often or until corn is lightly charred. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs.
2. Finely chop the chipotle chilli in adobe and place chilli and sauce into a bowl. Add lime, sugar and salt, whisk to dissolve the sugar. Slice the salmon into 1/2cm-thick pieces.
3. Arrange in a single layer on the chilled plates. Spoon over half the chipotle lime mixture. Turn salmon, to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate no longer than 10 minutes.
4. Stir remaining olive oil into the remaining chipotle lime mixture, whisk to combine. Peel and slice the flesh from mangoes.
5. Just before serving, remove salmon from the fridge. Top with mango and corn. Spoon over the dressing. Scatter over the coriander. Serve with corn chips.
Tip: when buying salmon make sure it’s pin boned.