This healthy vegan salted caramel protein loaf is so simple to make. Enjoy it as an energy-boosting workout snack, comforting dessert or even a delicious breakfast slice.
Running out of healthy bread recipes? Try baking this vegan salted caramel almond protein loaf. It’s full of plant-based protein, fibre and will keep your sweet-tooth satisfied.
Bake it on the weekend, and enjoy it as a delicious snack throughout the week.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Salted caramel almond protein loaf
Cook: 1 hour
GF, DF, VG
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond meal
- 1/2 cup Tropeaka Lean Protein Salted Caramel
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup roasted almonds
1. Preheat oven to 180*C and line a loaf pan with non-stick baking paper.
2. Add banana into a large bowl and mash well. Add in the rice malt syrup, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and almond milk and mix well.
3. Add in the remaining dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Gently fold through the almonds.
4. Transfer into loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Allow loaf to cool before slicing.
This recipe is courtesy of Tropeaka. For more healthy snacks like this, visit their website.