Try making these protein-packed chocolate banana cookies for a healthy sweet treat. For the vegan version, use a plant-based chocolate powder.
Cookies are top tier treats – they come in all different flavours, and chewiness. If you need a healthy spin on your favourite chocolate cookie, try these F45-approved chocolate banana cookies.
They’re plant-based, full of protein and low in sugar. Meal-prep these and keep them in the cookie jar for the perfect post-workout snack!
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Choc banana cookies
- 20ml coconut oil
- 40g natural peanut butter
- 130g banana, mashed
- 50g uncooked rolled oats
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 20g chocolate protein powder
- 2 tsp. cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. stevia
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine coconut oil, peanut butter and banana in a bowl.
- Add in oats, coconut, protein powder, cacao powder, baking powder and stevia and mix until you form a sticky batter.
- Roll mixture into five even balls and lightly press out to form a cookie shape. Place on the lined tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. In the last five minutes, flip the cookies over to ensure both sides are cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve one cookie as a snack and refrigerate remaining cookies to use throughout the week.