Working from home lunches just got a whole lot easier with this light and nutritious recipe, that we’ll be stealing on repeat from the CSIRO Protein Plus cookbook.
Working from home doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll have the time to whip up a three course meal for lunch.
But little effort put into meal-prepping, goes a long way when it comes to your health.
For this delicious and refreshing tuna caponata recipe, simply cook the topping beforehand and assemble the delicious crispbreads on the day.
It’s hassle-free and full of nourishing vegetables and Omega-3, to get you through a productive day of work.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Tuna caponata crispbreads
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 15 min
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 425 g can of tuna, drained, thickly flaked
- ½ cup parsley
- 12 crackers Ryvita crispbread
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat. Add the garlic, eggplant, capsicum, onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the vinegar until well combined.
- Add the capers, tuna and parsley and stir gently to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon evenly over the crispbreads and serve with lemon wedges alongside.
This recipe appears in CSIRO Protein Plus book and is available on Total Wellbeing Diet.