Try this fail-proof banana bread recipe that’s free from dairy and can even be made gluten-free.
If you’re looking for an irresistibly moist banana bread recipe that won’t fail you, you’ve come to the right place.
This recipe is made with healthy fats, carbs and sugars and will be sure to satisfy those sweet cravings without ruining your diet.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Banana macadamia bread
Makes 1 loaf
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 125ml Bickford’s Macadamia Milk
- 280g wholewheat flour
- 10g baking powder
- 5g bicarb soda
- Pinch of salt
- 125ml coconut oil
- 180g light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 80g macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 5g ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- 1 extra banana for the top
1. Heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. Mash the banana with the lemon juice and the oil, Macadamia milk, eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift together the dry ingredients and fold into the wet mix. Add the chopped nuts and pour into a lined loaf pan. Splice extra banana and carefully arrange on the top
4. Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes until cooked through. Cool for a few minutes in the pan then remove to cool on a wire rack, or serve warm.
Tip: You can make this recipe gluten free by substituting with gluten free flour or 200g almond meal and 80g coconut flour.
This recipe is courtesy of Bickford’s Australia.