Is there a better combo than dark chocolate and coconut? Make these yummy Bounty bar bites as a late afternoon treat, for your long workday. Healthy snacking doesn’t get any better (or simpler) than this!
Want a healthy snack, but don’t want all the hassle that comes with making it?
Try making these delicious hassle-free, three-ingredient Bounty bar bites. They’re full of coconut-y goodness and can be made vegan depending on the dark chocolate you choose to use.
“A bite-sized sweet treat that will satisfy those sugar cravings. The rich, dark chocolate means you are less likely to overindulge and with just three ingredients you’re cutting out many of the highly processed, refined sugars and additives,” explains Second Nature dietitian Steph Schatz.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Bounty Bar Bites
Prep and cook time: 30 mins
- 75g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave for approximately 90secs, or over a double boiler for 2-3mins.
- Melt the coconut oil in a different heatproof bowl for 30-45secs, until just melted.
- Mix the desiccated coconut into the coconut oil, and pop it into the fridge for five to 10mins, or until the coconut oil has hardened slightly.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the hardened coconut oil mixture and shape it with your hands to form small balls. It will melt slightly with the heat of your hands but that will help it mould.
- Once the balls are formed, use a different clean teaspoon to dip the balls, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Place onto a tray lined with baking paper and put them in the fridge to harden. Serve straight from the fridge.
This recipe is courtesy of Second Nature. For similar recipes, head to their website.