Celebrity trainer Sam Wood’s delicious lemon and chia protein cookies are therapeutic to make, and delicious to eat.
We’re all stuck in #selfiso with free-time on our hands. It’s so easy to mindlessly walk over to the kitchen and start snacking on whatever you find.
But if you’re over binging out of boredom, give these gluten- and dairy-free lemon and chia protein cookies by Sam Wood a try.
Not only will it be a fun bake, but it’ll make 14 delicious (and healthy) cookies you can store in the cookie jar for days to come.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Lemon and chia protein cookies
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut (desiccated)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional) (30g)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (extra virgin) melted
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon(s) juiced
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon(s) zest
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 free range egg(s)
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line baking tray.
- Combine almond meal, desiccated coconut, protein powder and chia seeds in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the coconut oil, rice malt syrup, lemon juice, zest and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the almond meal, protein powder and chia seeds into the wet ingredients, continuously stirring until combined.
- Using a tablespoon as a measure, scoop out and roll into a ball. Place onto the baking tray and press gently flat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Please note: one cookie = one serve.
- Calories: 166.3 cal
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Fibre: 2.3 g
- Fat: 13.6 g
- Saturated fat: 4.9 g
- Carbs: 4.5 g
This recipe is from the 28 by Sam Wood program