Packed with good fats and satisfyingly sweet, Leah Itsines shares her take on the chocolate mousse with avocado as the main ingredient.
Chocolate mousse is such a nostalgic dish, but the traditional take on this rich, whipped dessert can be packed with sugar. But in this recipe, the surprisingly versatile avocado is your friend, with its guilt-free, rich creaminess.
This mousse is also quick, easy and so tasty, you’ll find it hard to believe it’s actually healthy. Packed with healthy fats and so filling but perfectly sweet, it makes for the ultimate dessert or 3pm work snack. Plus – you’re sneaking in extra veg so that’s a ‘yes’ in my books.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Blend time: 1 minute
- 2 avocados, skin and pip removed.
- 150g dark chocolate (or milk chocolate).
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted.
- 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence.
- 1/2 tsp cacao powder.
- 2-3 tbsp water (or more depending on if your blender needs it).
1. Melt chocolate in the microwave or the stove.
2. Add ALL ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth consistency.
3. EAT! This is super rich, so I would serve with some yoghurt (or ice-cream) and fresh berries.
Leah Itsines is the creator of Balanced And Realistic Eating Guides (BARE)