Sit back, relax, grab your favourite cup of tea, and dig into this protein-rich blueberry loaf that’s gluten-free and vegan friendly.
For a sweet treat without the guilt, try this moist dairy-free blueberry loaf. It’s packed with plant-based protein and delicious fruits. It’s basically the healthier alternative to our regular banana bread.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Blueberry vanilla protein loaf
Time: 1 hour
GF, DF, VG
- 1 1/3 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup blanched almond meal
- 1/3 cup Tropeaka Lean Protein Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, coated in buckwheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease and line a loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, almond meal, Vanilla Lean Protein, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, bananas, coconut yogurt, rice malt syrup, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well.
4. Pour into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Gently fold through the blueberries.
5. Transfer into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Remove from loaf pan and cool on a cooling rack before slicing.
This recipe is courtesy of Tropeaka. For more healthy snacks like this, visit their website.