Not all caesar salads are unhealthy. Try this nourishing recipe that’s got a unique, tangy and dairy-free dressing.
There are so many variations of caesar salads. Most of them are unhealthy, with oily dressings and calorie-loaded carbs.
But salad days are not over.
This dairy-free recipe whisks together fresh cos lettuce and creamy coconut yoghurt (among other tasty ingredients), to make a satisfying meal. It’s super quick and easy to prepare, making it ideal for meal-prepping.
Plus, it can be made vegan if you take out the eggs.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Dairy-free vegetarian caesar salad
- ½ cos lettuce, leaves pulled apart, chopped if desired
- 2 boiled eggs, sliced into quarters
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 piece wholegrain bread, toasted and cut finely to croutons
- 1-2 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
2. Spread dressing over the base of your plate or bowl or if you’d prefer to save and dollop around the salad at the end.
3. Arrange lettuce leaves on a plate, top with boiled eggs, walnuts, avocado, croutons and sauerkraut.
4. Season with sea salt and black pepper and enjoy.
This recipe was created by nutritionist Jacqueline Alwill for Eimele. For more recipes like this check out their website.